Lessons Learned from a Blended Learning Pilot
This white paper is a comprehensive overview of the Blend My Learning pilot that set out to test blended learning in a real world setting. Written for educators, funders, policy makers, and the general public interested in how technology will transform schools, the paper focuses on the insights and lessons learned from the Khan Academy pilot in Oakland, CA.
We encourage comments and the continuation of the rich dialogue that has taken place on the website.
The paper begins with an executive summary and then discusses:
- Changes in the role of the teacher in the blended learning pilot
- Student perspective on blended learning
- How space is used in the blended classroom
- Khan Academy feedback
- Google Chromebook feedback
- Quantitative results of the study
- Questions that remain