Stay connected to the latest news in the world of blended learning education! Browse this collection of press releases, articles, case studies and education blogs. Be sure to contact us if there's a great resource we're missing here!
Blended learning is a new educational model with great potential to increase student outcomes and create exciting new roles for teachers. In this course you will learn about the different types of blended learning and the best practices from real schools using these models. In addition, you will develop the tools you need to build your own blended learning program.
Instructors: Brian Greenberg, Rob Schwartz and Michael Horn
Workload: 2-4 hours/week
Sessions: October 15, 2013 (6 weeks long)
- Blended Learning Implementation 2.0 Released! | Digital Learning Now! | September 25, 2013
- New Digital Learning Report Highlights State Progress and Underscores the Need to Modernize Public Education | Digital Learning Now! | March 21, 2013
- Fourth Wave of Next Generation Learning Challenges to Invest $12 Million for New Schools within Grades 6-12: Grants to identify and support fundamentally redesigned, scalable whole-school models that combine the best of traditional brick-and-mortar and online learning | Next Generation Learning Challenges | Feb 26, 2013
- Public Impact Names Founding Opportunity Culture Charter School Network Members: Founding Members Commit to Creating an Opportunity Culture and Extending the Reach of Excellent Teachers to More Students (Foundations College Prep, Touchstone Education, Venture Academy) | Feb 6, 2013
- Video Library | Digital Learning Now!
- Blended Learning Implementation Guide | Sept 2013 | Digital Learning Now!
- RETHINK: Planning and Designing for K-12 Next Generation Learning | by Kathryn Kennedy (iNACOL) & Kristen Vogt (NGLC)
- Blended Learning Handbook | Aspire Public Schools
- Blended Learning resources | EDUCAUSE Library
- K-12 resources | EDUCAUSE Library
- Resources | Maximize Potential blog by Scott Benson
- Blended Learning Now | CEE-Trust
- 2012 Digital Learning Report Card | Digital Learning Now!
- Blended Learning resources | Donnell-Kay Foundation
- TED Talks by Sir Ken Robinson
- CHRISTENSEN INSTITUTE
- IMPATIENT OPTIMISTS by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- MAXIMIZE POTENTIAL by Scott Benson
- NEXT GENERATION LEARNING CHALLENGES
- THINK SCHOOLS by Alex Hernandez
- iNACOL EDUCATION DOMAIN : ONLINE LEARNING by Susan Patrick
- OF THAT by Brandt Redd
- ROGERS FAMILY FOUNDATION
- STARTING AN ED SCHOOL by Mike Goldstein
- THINKING OUTLOUD by NextGenStacey
- WHAT WORKS FOR LEARNING by Bror Saxberg
- Personalization for All: From the Diary of Venture Academy | edSurge | Nov 20, 2013
- Blended Learning Spotlight: Incubator School | Christensen Institute blog | Nov 19, 2013
- Is School Enough? Documentary Film Delves In by Katrina Schwartz | MindShift | Sept 3, 2013
- NGLC 4: Grants Available for More Breakthrough Blends by Tom Vander Ark | Education Week | March 22, 2013
- What Happens When You Cross a School and a Startup? by Jon Deane (Summit Public Schools) | EdSurge | Feb 26, 2013
- What We Are Learning from Blended Learning by Dalia Hochman & Silke Koester (NGLC) | Impatient Optimists | Feb 16, 2013
- Next-Gen Models Break New Ground, Promote System Redesign by Tom Vander Ark | Getting Smart | Jan 19, 2013
- Next-Gen Learning Models Blend Tech & Experiences by Tom Vander Ark | Getting Smart | Jan 18, 2013
- Nine blended-learning topics from 2012 | Innosight Institute | Jan 7, 2013
- 10 Predictions for Blended Learning in 2013 by Michael B. Horn & Heather Staker | The Journal | Dec 18, 2012